As our February event was shared by the members of the World Affairs Council of Rhode Island, on March 15th the WACRI has opened its doors to PCFR members. Please note this is a WACRI event and is not located at our usual venue.
The location is the Agawam Hunt Club, located just 10 minutes from our usual location.
To register for this event visit this link: http://www.wacri.org/event-2843714
2018 Middle East Forum
A Moderated Event Featuring Four Experts Who Will Discuss a Wide Variety of Urgent Issues and Topics
The Iran nuclear deal, Israel/Palestinian relations, ISIS, moving the Capital of Israel to Jerusalem...there is so much going on in the Middle East we need more than one speaker to cover it all!
Our own Dr. Richard Lobban will lead a panel of three speakers who will each bring to the evening three issues they feel are of urgent importance yet under-covered in the media. They will interact with each other and engage with the audience in a fast paced format designed to cover a variety of stimulating topics.
About the Speakers
Dr. Hayat Alvi, Dr. Timothy Hoyt, and Dr. Rebecca Schiff, all faculty at the Naval War College, will be our guest speakers. Our moderator, Dr. Richard A. Lobban, Jr., is an anthropologist, archaeologist, and expert on Eqypt, Sudan, and foreign policy and a faculty member at the Naval War College.
The Agawam Hunt Club
15 Roger Williams Ave, Rumford, RI 02916
Directions here (opens in a new window)
From Points South, East and West:
- Rte 95 to 195 to Exit 6 - North Broadway /Warren Avenue Exit
- Turn right onto North Broadway and continue two miles to light at Centre Street/Roger Williams Avenue.
- Turn left. Parking lot entrance is 50 yards on the right.
Local Directions From the East Side of Providence:
- Take Waterman Avenue to the end and bear left onto Henderson Bridge
- Over bridge take second exit for Massasoit Avenue - Rumford, and bear right following signs for Broadway
- At first light, turn left onto North Broadway.
- Continue for 1/2 mile, passing Dunkin Donuts on left to light intersecting Centre Street on right and Roger Williams Avenue on left.
- Just past intersection of North Broadway and Centre Street; the golf pro shop, parking and bag drop off for golf is on your right.
To Agawam's main clubhouse and parking for dining room and non-golf functions turn left on to Roger Williams Avenue. The club is the first driveway on the right.
6:00 PM Social Hour
6:40 PM Dinner
7:30 PM Presentation
8:30 PM Adjourn